Election 2000 Slogans
- The people have spoken - all five of them.
- Don't blame Dubya - He is a victim of social promotiton.
Some people are just too stupid to be President.
- Don't throw away your vote ...
Let Katharine Harris do it for you.
- The last time somebody listened to a Bush,
folks wandered in the desert for 40 years.
- One person, one vote ( may not apply in certain states ).
- I didn't vote for his daddy either.
- It ain't over till your brother counts the votes.
- Damn! Al's brother wasn't governor of Tennessee.
- George W. Bush : The President Quayle We Never Had.
- Bradley vs. McCain : Sounds Better Now, Huh?.
- Campaign spending : $184,000,000
Having your little brother rig the election for you : Priceless
- I voted - Didn't matter
- My parents retired to Florida and all I got was this lousy President.
- Nicaragua was only practice. Florida was the real thing.
- Disney gave us Mickey, Florida gave us Dumbo.
- I hope Bush wins, that way the loaded gun I'm stroking right now will be legal.
Don't blame me - I voted with the Majority.
- Don't blame me - I voted for the Smart one
- If you can't read this, you must have voted for Bush.
- IS your children learning? - vote George W. Bush
- Bush wants to make your pie higher.
- He doesn't have to be smart to be President - vote Bush
- His brother promised him Florida.
- Vote for me - I don't drink anymore.
- You don't have to be smart to go to Yale - Just ask George
- Blame me - I voted for Nader
- Bush trusts the people, but not if it involves counting votes.
- Honor and Dignity - Yeah right! Suckers!
- Character and Honor Where it Matters
Any effort by Ms.Harris to stop the hand counting before it is completed would be preemptory and purely partisan."
NYT Editorial, 11/15/00
Although we may never know with complete certainty the winner of this year's election, the identity of the loser is perfectly clear :
It is the Nation's confidence in the judge as the impartial guardian of the rule of law"
Justice John Paul Stevens
"When the cops join the robbers, we have a problem.
When the courts help the robbers, we have a crisis.
When our highest court becomes complicit in the robbery, we have a disaster."
Alan M. Dershowitz
Right-wing voters can be divided into two groups - the self-interested and the stupid.
In true Venn diagram style, George W. Bush seems to fall into both.